Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sleeping with a Good Book

All good and true book-lovers practice the pleasing and improving avocation of reading in bed....No book can be appreciated until it has been slept with and dreamed over. ~ Eugene Field, Love Affairs of a Bibliomaniac (1896) 

What a great quote. I always read in bed before going to sleep and it has been a nightly ritual for me from my earliest years of reading. The bed becomes a magic carpet to whisk you away into the world of the book. And now with eBooks I can read under the covers without waking my wife!!

DK
DK's Top Traffic Exchanges

4 comments:

Pauli Wihuri said...

Nowadays more using Ipad at bedsite but seems to be prolonging too much going to sleep

Unknown said...

That is So True Dr. Kelp!
Not only do I always read myself to sleep (currently reading 1984), but I also take a lot of pleasure in reading to my kids when they're in bed :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Many a morning I have woken to books in strange places in my bed.