Saturday, September 20, 2008

How Many Books is Too Many?

There appears to be two types of readers. Those readers who read one book at a time, and those who read several, or many, concurrently. I fall into the second category. At the moment I have about 15 books that I am reading. Most are fiction with a couple of history non fiction books, and literary diaries thrown in for good measure. A lot of my friends say that I am crazy, but I get bored reading any book for more than 15 minutes. I have occasionally stuck to one book at a time, when the book has been absolutely gripping. The two books that come to mind are Noble House by James Clavell and the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Both excellent, well written and fast paced books. What kind of reader are you? DK

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do both. If it's a really good book I can't put it down till its done Usually in two days staying up till 2 in the morning. If it's not as well written I usually start another one then go back to the first.