Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Reading - a veritable Magic Carpet

Before I had even got out of bed this morning I had travelled to Africa (20 Chickens for a Saddle), Croatia (Finding O'Dwyer) and colonial New England (The Americans: The Colonial Experience). I don't even think the Space Shuttle could cover that distance so quickly. Reading is a truly wonderful journey into the imagination, the past, present and future. In a book you can be married/single, black/white, male/female, Muslim/Christian, Rich/poor without even going out of the house. Ever since I cut my teeth on Janet and John in the early 1960's, I have been an avid reader. There is nothing like it. Have a good day. DK First published on Qassia

1 comment:

CarolW44 said...

Hey Dr Kelp,since your blog appeared right in front of me at StartXChange, I can't help but post a comment!

Blogs are great. I wouldn't normally scroll down a web page, but with blogs I usually do!